What’s in the Wrack?
Looking through the sea wrack you are likely to notice what looks like white bugs crawling and jumping around. These include sand fleas and sea lice, which live happily in the wrack by shredding it and living off the results – and anything else they find in the process. Take some seaweed off the beach and rinse it in a bucket of water – how many different types of macrofauna can you find amongst the wrack?
In This Section
- Classification and Identification
- Bird Life on Our Coast
- C’mon and Embrace the Smell!
- Marine Conservation Areas
- What’s in the Wrack?
- Reference Books
- Poster: Seawracks
- Poster: Dynamic Link Between Ocean and Land
- Article: C’mon and Embrace the Smell or How Sea Wrack Plays a Vital Role in Raising Fish.