Exploring the Intertidal Zone
For the more experienced beachcomber you may like to delve a little deeper and explore life in the intertidal zone.
Marine organisms living in the intertidal zone have adapted to live in what at times may be very harsh conditions such as pounding waves, changing tides, strong winds and hot, and drying rays of the sun.
Use the links to our Marine WATERs website to discover how you can study a reef platform and identify organisms living on the reef platform.
In This Section
- Exploring the Intertidal Zone
- Post-excursion Activity Ideas
- Pre-excursion Activity Ideas
- Site Choice
- Article: Protecting Species on Intertidal Platforms
- Presentation: Inhabiting the Intertidal
- Presentation: The Intertidal Zone a Reef Platform